Safe & Natural Wrinkle Reduction from the Comfort of Your House
Plastic surgeries, lasers, chemical peels – there are millions of procedures people undergo to hide the signs of aging. These are often invasive, costly and, unfortunately, don’t do a lot to solve the actual problem.
Thankfully, if we listen to our body and the natural world around us, we’ll discover many natural solutions to address wrinkles and signs of aging without surgery or costly procedures.
As we get older, our skin gradually loses the protein that gives it that tight, smooth surface – collagen. As time goes by, we all end up getting wrinkly. With continuous loss of collagen and thinning of our dermal layer, it may seem that wrinkle reduction is a losing battle, but don’t give up just yet.
While the process of aging cannot be stopped, there several things you can do to slow the process and keep your skin and body healthy in the process.
Here Are 7 Non-Invasive Ways To Promote Natural Wrinkle Reduction At Home:
- Vitamin C: Growing up you have most likely heard that vitamin C is essential to boost one’s immunity against colds. That is not the only benefit. In fact, vitamin C is crucial for your skin too, according to the National Institutes of Health. Keeping yourself replenished with vitamin C will help you with fine lines and discoloration caused by sun damage – all you need to do is either get some oral supplement or an exfoliating topical vitamin C face mask. Or simply rub some fresh lemon juice into your face – be mindful of the amount, though: too much of it can cause dryness or flaking. If that happens, a daily moisturizer will help you.
- Microcurrent Treatment: Human body is full of electric signals – from blood flow to nerve signals that are responsible of us feeling sensations. And thus, adding gentle stimulation to your skin will aid wrinkle reduction as well as lift and tighten your soft tissues. Don’t you want to find something that helps with not just wrinkle reduction but also other signs of aging using this method? The muscle stimulator Perfect BEAUTY is a medically approved device that will help you to reduce the signs of aging.
- Silky Dreams: You might be surprised to learn that quite a few of our wrinkles come from sleep – a process we think of as the time our body regenerates. According to American Academy of Dermatology, sleeping on your side will increase the number of wrinkles on your cheeks and chin, and sleeping face-down results in a furrowed brow. In other words, the only way to reduce wrinkles is to sleep on your back, right? Unfortunately, we do not control our position when we sleep. However, the way our skin resists or creates wrinkles can be influenced not by just our sleeping position but also on what we sleep on. Invest in pillowcases with high thread counts such as satin or silk – they are known to aid wrinkle reduction.
- Banana Mask: Bananas are rich in potassium when eaten, but they also work miracles on your face when you put them on it! Mash up a banana with a teaspoon of plain yogurt and a teaspoon of orange juice, apply it to your face and keep it on for 15-20 minutes. The potassium will hydrate and moisturize skin cells, while the vitamin A will fight dark spots and blemishes. Vitamin B is the one to prevent aging, and vitamin E will boost your skin’s resistance to UV damage.
- Face Massage: Working in a similar way to the microcurrent procedure, you can give yourself a face massage using nothing but your finger. With your index and middle finger massage 20 rotations between your brows, then apply light pressure to each temple and jaw joints for 10 seconds while clenching your teeth. This will relax your muscles, stopping them from making the micromovements that cause tension and stress and result in wrinkles.
- Juice Cleanses: You have probably heard that the condition of your skin strongly depends on your diet – and this is true. Vitamins, hydration and minerals are three components the wellbeing of your skin relies on, and most can be found in various fruits and vegetables. So, one course of action is to give your skin and body a three-day cleanse that consists of all these goodies.
- Superfoods: If juices are not your thing, we have good news – there are plenty of foods that provide great replenishment to your skin by giving it water, fats, and proteins. These foods are so rich on useful nutrients that they have been labeled as ‘superfoods’ and they mostly include berries, nuts and veggies. For example, blueberries are full of collagen-protecting vitamin C and high concentrations of antioxidants. Tomatoes contain lycopene that improves the vascular system, in turn giving your skin a natural glow through extra blood circulation. And almonds are packed with skin-plumping and hydrating fats – what’s not to love?
Aging is a natural process everyone goes through. There is no way of stopping it, but there are ways of slowing it down. Surgery and injections are likely to remove visible effects for a short term, but they won’t address the underlying issue. Wrinkle reduction can be done from the comfort of your house – and it is less pricy than you would assume. Remember, nature if your friend! Try out these natural remedies and let us know how you get on!
Lately On the Blog
Follow Us on instagram
Sign up for our newsletter and get our latest product reviews, helpful tips, and special offers!