Vacationing and Pumping
Taking your first vacation away from your little one? You may have questions about how to keep up your milk supply while you are away. Here are some tips:
- 1. Bring a portable, light, effective breast pump & extra pumping parts with you2.
- Bring a hand pump as back up, especially if travelling on a long trip or to a place with limited electricity.
- Use storage bags – easier to travel with!
- Make sure you have the right electrical adapter if you are travelling outside of the country.
- Pump when your baby would normally breastfeed.
- Store your milk safely, ask ahead of time if you’ll have access to a fridge or freezer & bring a cooler bag for transport– here are storage guidelines for your reference, https://www.ameda.com/milk-101-article/how-to-store-breast-milk-safely/
- Know your airline’s rules about bringing milk back on the plane or plan to ship it back with a reputable milk shipping company.
- And, have fun & relax!
Enjoy the summer!
Published by Ameda
Written by: Pamela K. Murphy, Ph.D., MS, APRN, CNM, IBCLCCertified nurse-midwife, lactation consultant, OB nurse, educator, healthcare administrator, mother & wife
Lately On the Blog
Follow Us on instagram
Sign up for our newsletter and get our latest product reviews, helpful tips, and special offers!